Description / Specification
Cherry Mobile launched the Flare Y7 Pro sporting a 5.7-inch HD+ Trueview display with a notch, MediaTek Helio A22, dual-rear cameras, and 3,000mAh battery.
Unlike with the Y7 LTE with a glass back, the Flare Y7 Pro comes with a polycarbonate material with a matte finish which is less prone to smudges and fingerprints. It uses a notch design which houses the 16MP shooter. For an entry-level phone, it looks pretty solid and well-made, which is attributed to its solid black color and thin side bezels.
On the left, you’ll see the card tray for the hybrid SIM tray that can accommodate two nano-sized SIM cards and a microSD card in the second SIM slot.
On the right is the volume and power/lock button as well as the side-mounted fingerprint scanner that reminds us of Sony Xperia smartphones.
Up top, is the 3.5mm audio port.
The micro USB port, loudspeaker, and main microphone are found at the bottom.
Flip on its back and you’ll see the dual 16MP + 2MP rear cameras along with the LED flash.
The device feels thin and lightweight which will definitely fit inside the pockets of your pants. I like its small size as well given that this can potentially become my main phone for communicating whenever I go out of the house.
When it comes to camera performance, the photos have decent details and sharpness with accurate colors, especially in good lighting. Autofocus is not that quick though and often you’ll be forced to tap-to-focus. Low-light shots, on the other hand, are not as good as they become too grainy and muddy.
For the selfies, details are pretty nice and it’s basically the same with the rear shooter’s quality. Still, it’s a sub-PHP 5K phone and it should be fine for social media uploads as long as you’re shooting in bright light.
Powering the Flare Y7 Pro is the Helio A22 chipset, 4GB RAM, and PowerVR 8320 GPU. The large RAM capacity is uncommon for an entry-level device, which is a good thing especially if you have plenty of background processes. However, don’t expect it to be a good gaming phone. Check out the benchmark scores below:
• AnTuTu v7 – 67,212
• PC Mark – 4,847 (Work 2.0)
• 3D Mark – 273 (SSE – OpenGL ES 3.1)
• Androbench – 284.91 MB/s (Sequential Read), 69.91 MB/s (Sequential Write)
Note: Geekbench 4 and 3D Mark Vulkan don’t work on this device.
Battery-wise, the Flare Y7 Pro lasted for 8 hours and 59 minutes in the PC Mark battery which is typical of a 3,000mAh capacity.
Cherry Mobile Flare Y7 Pro Specs:
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Quad Core 2.0 GHz
- 4GB Ram
- 32GB Rom
- Rear 16+2, Front 16MP
- Dual Sim LTE Support
- 5.7 Inches HD+ Display
- WLAN 802.11 b/g/n
- BAttery 3000 mAh
- SD Card up to 256gb
How to Shop at Save N Earn Wireless in 5 Easy Steps
With Save ‘N Earn Wireless’ interactive online gadget store, you can now check out, compare and buy new gadgets even from your own home!
We make it easier!
- Shop. All the gadgets you want, all in one store! Choose any item from mobile phones, tabs, mobile accessories, your lifestyle gadgets.
- Compare. You can click, compare prices, specs and features to find the gadget for you.
- Choose. When you've picked out your gadget, click on it and click Add to Cart
- Checkout. You can choose from our different payment methods and how you’d want to receive your product—branch pick-up at No Extra Charge or have it conveniently delivered to your own home or your office!
- Enjoy. Once you get your new gadget, enjoy! All our phones and tabs are guaranteed one-year Manufacturer’s warranty with Service centers available nationwide!